...we built and decorated a Halloween House that Grandpa and Gammy sent...
...decorated a "Halloween Tree" (pretty sure we'll get a whole lot of use out of this over the coming months, as we make decorations for all the various holidays)...
...and made Jack-o-Lantern pancakes. The intention was to tint the peanut butter and banana pancakes orange with food coloring and then decorate them with M&Ms and raisins so they looked like Jack-o-Lanterns. When you're two, that translates to pink food coloring and eating the M&Ms as fast as you can before Mom catches on. But the pancakes themselves were pretty delicious anyway.
But, of course, the best part of the whole adventure was the trick-or-treating. Patrick was so excited about handing out candy that he answered the door in a diaper and one sock. I desperately wish I'd gotten a photo of that, but I was laughing too hard to get my camera out in time.
My friend Chasidy offered to help for the evening since Bill wasn't home that night. She helped Patrick get into his robot costume while I bundled Piper in my ergo carrier, and we headed out.
On our way out the door, Patrick discovered the bowl of candy. He stopped to pick through it and select all his favorites, so he could pre-load his bucket. I could quietly hear him saying "I like this one, I like this one, I like this one...."
He was very excited to "ding the ding bell" at each house.
Patrick isn't used to being outside in the dark, and every few minutes he'd look around in surprise and say "It's dark in here!" Once he figured out that the point was to collect candy, he started approaching other trick-or-treaters on the street and saying "Trick or treat?" to them.
When we arrived at his friend Lincoln's house, he let himself right in the front door and went to play with Lincoln's toys. This would have made more sense if we'd ever been to Lincoln's house before, or if Lincoln had even been home. I had to drag him away from Lincoln's toys with the promise of more candy at the next house. As we were leaving he found a candy wrapper on the sidewalk, and then became convinced that there was candy hiding on the sidewalk, in the grass, and in the bushes as well, so he kept a very watchful eye on the ground, declaring "I looking candy!" as we walked.
No trip outside is complete unless you stop to dig in a pile of dirt/rocks/mulch. Sorry Meredith's neighbor, whoever you are. I tried to sweep the mulch back into your yard with my foot as well as I could.
My little robot was so excited to sample all his loot when he got home!
No comments:
Post a Comment